... via The Selby...
Here's hoping you all had a lovely holiday weekend, full of picnics, barbecues and various outdoor celebrations! Looking forward to catching up with everyone tomorrow...
(Image by Morten Holtum)
Perfect looks for hot summer days, yes?
(from top: fashion photograph by Koray Birand for Vogue Hellas via Fashion Gone Rogue; bathroom image by Patrick Cline via Lonny; purse image via The Coveteur; fur and shoes image photograph by Morten Holtum; Karen Elson editorial photographed by Craig McDean for US Vogue; sparkling puppy dog by Aaron Ruell; cupcake photograph by Courtney Apple)
At the flea market this weekend, I was momentarily intrigued by a gold birdcage and stand...
... but then I became distracted by a table of vintage costume jewelry and that was that. Now, I come across the gorgeous home of fashion designer Erin Fetherston which features a beyond lovely birdcage in her beyond lovely living room and all I can think is, why didn't I pay more attention to that damn birdcage when I had the chance?
At least now I have a shopping mission when the next flea market rolls around. Oh, and by the way, Miss Fetherston's bedroom is quite lovely too...
(Photographs by Claiborne Swanson Frank for Vogue.com)
Oh my, where to begin?! These pieces from Prabal Gurung's new collaboration with J.Crew are beyond fabulous. I want all of it. Sadly, they are all sold out online, and probably going for triple the original price on eBay. Hopefully the pink and black blouse with reappear, because I need it desperately for my summer wardrobe.
(Images via J.Crew)
Hope you all had a lovely weekend! I was able to do some successful flea-marketing with my friend Lisa of ...Just Over the River (we bought tons of fun vintage jewelry for song!) and enjoyed a single day of sunny weather before Philly reverted to its recent standard of gray and gloominess. I also realized that I forgot to post on Friday - I meant to offer a round up of things I've been liking lately. So why not share them with you today?
- What a cool bedroom (above) from M Design Interiors. I love the sparkling accents, which add a bit of luxe to the funky-boho surroundings.
- Photographer Aaron Ruell's website features some eye-popping interiors that will put a smile on your face.
- Holy cow - Missoni for Target?! Could this be true? If so, I can't wait until September...
- I need a new summer hat. Something appropriately quirky. This one from Kate Spade would be perfect.
- Did you see those ridiculously amazing party balloons be Geronimo Balloons that Oh Joy! featured the other day? I need to have a party immediately!
- Have you been following coverage of the Cannes Film Festival? There are so many good movies coming out later this year. I'm particularly interested in Melancholia, starring Kirsten Dunst and Charlotte Gainsbourg, despite the controversy regarding the director's tres inappropriate remarks at a press conference. How dreamy is this image from the movie's poster...
- And finally, this performance by The Twilight Singers on David Letterman rocks my world. In addition to being my favorite band of all time, they are lovely friends of mine who put on the best rock show you will ever see. I mean it. Check them out live as they tour the west coast this week, followed by the southwest the next...
I love oversized flat clutches right now (this one in taupe from American Apparel has been my go-to of late), and this aqua leather version from ASOS might be the perfect pick for summer. The color is divine and I love the envelope closure and gold-tone clasp. Particularly cute with neutral separates, but I think it will work with my more colorful outfits too...
I've noticed a variety of black and yellow inspiration in my style files lately...
I recently ordered this poster, which is the artwork from the British first edition of Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway, designed by Vanessa Bell in 1925. Such a delightful book cover, one of my favorites ever. (For those of you interested in vintage first editions, this particular novel goes in the tens of thousands of dollars - holy moly!) Meanwhile, the scarf by Diane von Furstenberg has been on my wish list for months, ever since I saw it at the DVF boutique in LA...
Have you found yourself attracted to certain color combos lately? If so, which ones?
(top image by Patrick Cline for Lonny Magazine; Mrs. Dalloway poster via PopArt UK ; Masons Deux scarf by Diane von Furstenberg)
I'm coveting these new, slightly darker, oil paintings from the fabulously talented Vivienne Strauss. If you recall, I shared some of her more colorful works back in December. These have a similar sense of humor, but are so much more moody and mysterious. I'd like to add the masked lady to my hallway - I think she would be the perfect counterpoint to my more playful prints. For more, check out Ms. Strauss's etsy store here...
(Iris H. Incognito, Unexpected, and The Uninvited Guest - limited edition prints from original oil paintings, all by Vivienne Strauss)
I've been wanting a cool little music set-up for a while now, and seeing this totally stylish living space makes me want one even more. I love the idea of keeping it simple, with just a turntable and sleek Tivoli radio/speaker. A simple cabinet for storing records and a wall covered in gorgeous metallic floral-print paper would be nice too...
(Image via Canadian House & Home)
I think these are the perfect accessories for injecting a bit of fun into my home and wardrobe!
(from top: "Eccentric Glamour" art print by Simon Doonan, 20x200; Lanvin horsehoe-heel patent leather pumps; street style image, Jak and Jil; Kate Spade lemon drop-framed Lella clutch; Miu Miu cut-out leather lace-up heels; Marc Jacobs metal and enamel stud earrings; Tom Binns hand-painted Swarovski bracelet; Aurelie Bidermann mother-0f-pearl charm bracelet)
I've been away for a while but am happy to return on this bright and sunny Monday with new blog posts and lots of colorful eye candy. This interior from the new issue of Lonny makes me swoon and feels like the perfect image to start off the week. Hope you all have a great day!
(Image by Patrick Cline for Lonny)
This bedroom is insane, and I mean that in the best possible way. The rest of the house is pretty wow too...