3.20.2008

A New Look for Evening
3.1 Philip Lim (from Style.com)

My big gala is only 4 weeks away, but I haven't yet put too much thought into what I might wear. I often do vintage for black tie events - I like spectacularly vivid prints from the 60s and 70s, something unusual and one-of-a-kind. I have a dress that fits the bill - white one-shoulder jersey with a belted waist and a dramatic black splatter print with bright pink watercolor flowers. But then the other day, I saw this look from the spring '08 3.1 Philip Lim collection.

Now I'm thinking that a more fluid, relaxed, I-didn't-think-too-much-about-my-outfit kind of look would be fun. I love the skinny belt and the little cashmere sweater. I might add some flash with a vintage beaded evening bag or an armful of bracelets, but other than that it's perfect.

No comments: