12.05.2008

Coffee Tables, and the things that go on them

Perusing the site for Woodson & Rummerfield House of Design, I came across the pretty arrangement of objects and colors shown above.  The yellow and turquoise and white are very me!  In fact, upon further inspection of this space, I came across these phoenix birds sitting on a side table, which look very much like the vintage pair I have in my living room...

I so need to find a way to showcase mine better!  A table like that one would not hurt.

Anyway, I very much have coffee tables on the mind, specifically a new one for my living room. We have been making do with a basic Ikea Lack table for many months and I am done with it.  I really want something round, with a pedestal base.  Here's a very chic (and pricey!) version from W&R Design...


I came across a much more basic version (i.e. no awesome circle detail, etc, etc) at my favorite local junk shop the other day for $30 and have been thinking about it ever since.  It would need to be sanded and painted, but I'm always up to that task.  Will keep you posted on my progress...

Finally, the new book High Style, from the aforementioned Ron Woodson & Jaime Rummerfield, would be an fabulous addition to whatever coffee table, mine or yours.  I had the chance to flip through it the other day, and the images are pretty amazing...

No comments: