1.06.2009

Bookshelf Project, Part 1


As I mentioned yesterday, Kevin and I picked up a new (to us) bookshelf for the living room. We found it at a fantastic antique/junk shop near Atlantic City called Cobweb Corner. They had some knock-out Hollywood Regency pieces, and for such reasonable prices. But we came home with only the simple bookcase, which was chosen for the narrow shape, interesting details, and bargain price tag. It started out a medium brown-toned wood, which was immediately painted a glossy white. I really like the little arches at the top...


I wanted to do a fun wallpaper lining, but made the choice to take the easier (but no less stylish) route and use gift wrap instead. This pattern is "Madame Butterfly" from Whimsy Press (it's 100% recycled too)...


Luckily the sheets of paper were almost exactly the correct width for my shelves, so there was a minimum of cutting involved.  A quick coating of spray craft adhesive holds everything in place...


And finally, almost complete. I just need to paint the little drawer that goes in at the bottom, and of course, fill it up with stuff...


In Part II, I will show the completed piece!

1 comment:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

love this! thanks for the cobweb corner tip, i'm gonna go check it out.