3.06.2009

Some Young Punks Winery


This one is for the fellas...

I'm not in the habit of buying wine based upon the label design, but as I was shopping the other day my eye couldn't help but be drawn to the fun, pulp-comic labels on these bottles from Australia's Some Young Punks Winery. As soon as I saw "The Squid's Fist," a Sangiovese-Shiraz, I knew my guy Kevin would flip. And I was right, he totally did. Wouldn't this make a great gift for your favorite comic nut/amateur oenologist?!


The labels were designed by Israeli illustrator and comic book artist, Asaf Hanuka. (Interestingly, Hanuka also contributed art for the Academy Award-nominated documentary, "Waltz with Bashir," which is currently making the art-house rounds.) Prints of some of his work ("Squid" included) can be purchased here... Another nice gift idea, don't you think?

4 comments:

kulululu said...

u have great blog!!now is one of my favorite!!

Anonymous said...

I love them they are so cute. Your blog is cute too. check out mine at
http://honeyandpig.blogspot.com/
-Kate

Anonymous said...

hi- i've been looking for this wine myself. where were you able to find??? have only had it in a restaurant.. thanks

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I found the wine at a wine store called Hops and Grapes in Glassboro, Nj... Good luck tracking it down!