8.11.2008

House Tour - Living and Dining Room (Afters)

The living room sitting area

Before we moved into the house, I knew I wanted to go with cool colors like blues, grays and whites, but to accent with bolder hues and prints. The sofa, tables and many of the accessories shown above were in my previous apartment. I brought in the blue silk window treatments to for some glamour. A new coffee table is on my list for future purchase - this Lack table from Ikea works for the time being, but one that is a little more "permanent" would be a nice addition.


I love putting together little salon-style groupings of painting and photos. This one features artwork from friends, vintage paint-by-numbers, and a collection of Japanese matchboxes collected by my dad in the 70s. A Jonathan Adler partridge lurks below, a birthday gift from my friend Lisa.



A small collection of coffee table books populate the table, including some favorites from Kelly Wearstler to American animal paintings to Yves Saint Laurent.


The Eames LCW chair was a long-ago purchase that finally has a proper home. Meanwhile, the little vintage stool was found at a shop near Atlantic City and recovered with an Amy Butler peacock print.



This shot from a couple weeks ago shows our dining nook with the ubiquitous round Ikea table and some bistro dining chairs. I've hung a new picture over the table, so more updates to come.



The buffet was in Kevin's family and now it lives with us. I did a simple update with new, mismatched drawer pulls from Anthropologie.



A more recent photo shows our new print over the bar set-up, a $4 sheet of butterflies in an inexpensive black frame. The mirrored tray is one of my favorite new acquisitions...a steal from Target for $25.

We've done a lot in the past month, and in upcoming posts I will share the work we've done to date on the 2nd and 3rd floors, as well as recent updates to the living room (hint: the entry way/console table is almost done!)

No comments: