3.11.2008

Crazy for.... Estate Jewelry

I know I just wrote about my love of Victorian turquoise jewelry, but a couple things recently got me thinking about estate jewelry as a whole, and my total obsession with it. Today as I was walking back to work from lunch, I stopped to browse in one of my favorite Philly boutiques, Plage Tahiti. In addition to a great selection of dresses from Biba, Diane von Furstenberg, Jean-Paul Gaultier and more, they (and their sister store Knit Wit) have a truly mouth-watering selection of late 19th and early 20th Century estate pieces...over-sized Victorian lockets inset with rubies and turquoise, jade and diamond Art Deco engagement rings set in platinum, polished coral and onyx drop earrings...all so beautiful and unique. If you ever stop by, those fingerprints on the glass case belong to me.

This month's Lucky magazine also has a report on "The Web's Best Estate Jewelry." Along with Doyle & Doyle, the NYC boutique I mentioned in my previous post, they showcase Lang Antiques, Beladora, and The Way We Were -- all great resources, and most completely new to me.

Victorian pieces from Lang Antiques and Beladora (from top left):
polished turquoise and diamond ring, coral and diamond drop earrings,
gypsy-set sapphire cabachon and enamel ring, 18k and diamond mesh bracelet

Art Deco lovelies: diamond and onyx-inlaid ring from Beladora,
jade and onyx drop earrings from Lang Antiques, old mine-cut and sapphire diamond ring
from Doyle & Doyle, and jade and 18k link bracelet from Lang Antiques.

1 comment:

Belle de Ville said...

Thank you for posting the vintage estate fine jewelry from Beladora.com.
I love your blog, especially the home decor photos...but now I feel like I need to go home and redecorate my living room!