3.06.2008

Decorating the Office

I'm having lots of fun right now decorating my new office at work. I figure, if I'm going to have to move all my stuff into a new space, I might as well make it look fabulous. The operations staff in my building very kindly painted the walls for me - a stunning hue called "Nice Berry" from Valspar. I'll post pictures of the completed space next week. For now, it's time to shop for furniture and accessories.



The wall color was inspired by the vibrant pink in the photo above, which I first glimpsed on Decor8. The furniture has to stay budget, so I'm considering the Vikka Hyttan desk from Ikea - I love the curvy legs on such a modern piece. The debate is on regarding the chair - I like the natural feel of the rattan Gregor swivel chair, but the mod shape and print on the Skruvsta chair is hard to resist. I'm going to accessorize with a Chinese ginger jar lamp from Target (a steal from their Global Home clearance) - I like the idea of bringing in something classic, and the ethnic print and the royal blue color is the perfect foil to the rosy pink walls. Finally, the walls will be decorated with some of my favorite prints, including the fantastic Barbie still-life from Michelle Brusegaard.

No comments: